I just got nominated for my first ever blogging award by Diane from Vintage Zest! Thank you so much for thinking of me 🙂
The Liebster Award is a token of recognition that bloggers award to fellow bloggers who they think deserve more recognition. The terminology “Liebster” roughly translates to “Dearest” from German, and the guidelines of this award are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to them in your acceptance post!
- Share 11 interesting things about yourself. Don’t be shy, and don’t worry if they aren’t relevant to the topic of your blog. They aren’t supposed to be!
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger who awarded you asked in their post.
- Create your own set of 11 questions for the next recipients of the award.
- Pass the award to some of your own favourite bloggers! Each awardee should have less than 200 followers for their blog.
11 interesting things…
- When I was born, the Premier came to have a photo with me.
- I take singing lessons – I’ve tried piano and guitar and failed at both due to my extremely small hands/fingers so it was kind of my last options to embrace my musical passions.
- I can’t stand drivers who don’t indicate before merging – that’s just stupid, dangerous and totally reckless.
- I’ve been in an ambulance. My first labour was much shorter than I had anticipated and we ended up requiring a substantial amount of speed to avoid birthing our daughter unassisted on the bedroom floor!
- I don’t eat celery. Ever. It’s gross. I’d rather chew on dog-marked grass.
- I’m 25 and I have nearly 30 nieces and nephews and still counting!
- I can reverse park. I’ve heard that’s quite rare amongst women.
- I’m erratic. If I want to do something, I’ll jump right in and do it non-stop, dismissing all other activities until it’s done.
- My feet get hot really easily so all of my non-sock-compatible shoes stink.
- Someone once told me that I look like Alyssa Milano – pretty sure that person was on drugs at the time.
- I had the opportunity to spend one of my birthdays in Jeffreys Bay, South Africa, but spend the entire day hauling up stomach contents 😦
11 questions asked and answered…
- If you could have one super-power, what would it be? I’d like to be able to allow a person to see the truth in any given moment
- What is a bad habit of yours that you would like to break? Um.. playing Candy Crush?
- If you were going to compete on any reality show, what would it be? British Sewing Bee
- What is your best talent? (I stole that one from my questions!) Definitely sewing
- What is one skill or talent that you wish you had? I wish I was better at prayer
- Who is your hero? Jesus
- What was the most difficult thing you’ve ever had to do? Bury a child
- If you had to live in any other time period besides now, which one would you pick? 1900ish
- What is the one place in the world (or universe) that you’d like to travel to, if money wasn’t an issue? I’d like to go to one of those crazy overseas thrill parks
- What is your biggest guilty pleasure? Reading, uninterrupted for as long as I see fit.
- What is your favourite (or least favourite) thing about blogging? I love receiving feedback and inspiring (I hope) others to create on a budget.
- Handmade Martini
- Krafty Kat
- Second Chances by Susan
- Sew Melodic
- The Creative Counselor
- Always Time to Procraftinate
- Bending Pins
- The Hollywood Sew
- Compagnie M
- Drama Queen Seams
- Frances Suzanne
11 questions asked of my nominees…
- What is on the top of your bucket list?
- Who is your favourite blogger?
- How often do you clean your toilet?
- What is the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
- What is your advice for your fellow <200 follower awards nominees?
- What is the best meal you ever ate?
- What is your love language? [gift giving/receiving, physical touch, words of affirmation, quality time, acts of service]
- What you do you find meaningful in your life?
- What can you cook better than anyone else (feel free to share a recipe)?
- What gives you the energy to get out of bed in the morning?
- Do you get emotional when famous people die?
I think all of my nominees are under 200 followers, though I was only going off Bloglovin’, WordPress and any counters on your pages. I’m looking forward to hearing all of your responses! I hope this generates a bit of traffic for your pages and that my followers love your content as much as I do 🙂