It’s been a while (I even got booted from Re-fashion co-op because I forgot to post over there too!), but I’m happy to say I’ve got a few things coming along soon. I’ve re-caught my sewing bug and I’m going on a refashion rampage to try bust some of my stash!
My two starter pieces:
– My husband’s shirt (I told him I would not be seen with him wearing it, hence it has not been worn since we’ve been together.
– Old jacket of mine with bleach stains. The whole bleach stain thing is kind of arty, but this isn’t my everyday wearing type of jacket.
Then I detached the sleeves from the shirt.
I measured how much of the shirt I needed to keep with the existing jacket pieces. If you’re using big starting pieces, the easiest way to determine the cutting line is to keep the armhole the same size of an existing well-fitted top/shirt.
The green didn’t show up great in the pic, it’s night and the light kind of messes with colours a bit…
It’s been fun getting into some sewing and blogging again! I’ve got a skirt coming; it’s all done but I’m waiting on an occasion to wear it before I post 🙂
PS – sorry about the photo size. I used to scale all of my photos through Wordpess, but looks like I’ll need to make more of an effort to do that with photo editing now that everything has changed on me!